Boy Scout and Girl Scout groups can hold self-run programs or choose from a range of programs offered by the Conservancy, led by our experienced staff. STEM and Environmental Stewardship badges are among many that can be earned through these activities; and programs can be developed to support specific badge activities. Eagle Scout and Girl Scout Bronze, Silver and Gold candidates are encouraged to apply for an independent project at the Preserve. Fees are determined on a case by case basis.
Overnight camping facilities are available for scout groups (up to 25 children) with adult supervision only.
– $50.00 per night, facility use fee, campsite and picnic table reservation.
– $100.00 refundable security deposit.
– $15.00 parking fee per car covers the duration of the overnight program, allowing adults to depart and return as needed. Conservancy Members park free of charge.
– Proof of insurance required.
– Complete and submit Facility Use Application at least four weeks in advance; the form is available at the Gatehouse.
For information, contact Tracy Strianese, Education Manager, at 516.570.2185 and Tracy.Strianese@sandspointpreserve.org to plan and schedule your program.