Welcome to the Sands Point Preserve!
The Sands Point Preserve’s grounds are open for visitors – the Great Lawn, Rose Garden, Woodland Playground, dog run, forest trails, and pond area are all accessible. The Welcome Center & Gift Shop in Castle Gould is open Wednesdays through Sundays at 11 am – 6 pm. The mansions are temporarily closed to visitors. Restrooms are available in Castle Gould’s Black Box and Welcome Center; they are closed periodically for sterilizing and cleaning throughout the day. Download the Sands Point Preserve Map. Explore the Preserve with a Self-Guided Tour!
- Admission to the Preserve is $15 per car or free for members of the Sands Point Preserve Conservancy.
- A pay station at the Gatehouse enables contactless payment of the admission fee, with credit cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and cash. If paying by cash, please bring exact change.
- Walk-in admission is $4 per person.
OPEN TO VISITORS:
WEDNESDAYS THROUGH SATURDAYS
– Conservancy Members: 9 AM to Closing
– All Visitors: 11 AM to Closing
– All Visitors: 9 AM to Closing
SEASONAL DATES & HOURS:
Please note: last entry is 30 minutes prior to closing.
Winter ’21 – ‘22: Wednesday, November 3 through Sunday, March 27
Conservancy Members: 9 AM to 5 PM
– Wednesdays through Saturdays: 11 AM – 5 PM
– Sundays & Martin Luther King Jr Day: 9 AM – 5 PM
– Please note: Preserve is closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day
Spring ‘22: Wednesday, March 30 through Sunday, May 22
Conservancy Members: 9 AM to 6 PM
– Wednesdays through Saturdays: 11 AM – 6PM
– Sundays & Memorial Day: 9 AM – 6 PM
Summer ‘22: Wednesday, May 25 through Monday, July 5
Conservancy Members: 9 AM to 7 PM
– Wednesdays through Saturdays: 11 AM – 7 PM
– Sundays & Labor Day: 9 AM – 7 PM
Fall ‘22: Wednesday, September 7 through Sunday, November 6
Conservancy Members: 9 AM to 6 PM
– Wednesdays through Saturdays: 11 AM – 6 PM
– Sundays: 9 AM – 6 PM
VISITOR SAFETY RULES
– Social distancing is recommended: keep 6+ feet apart.
– Face masks are recommended for visitors who have not been vaccinated for COVID-19; visitors who are vaccinated do not need to wear masks.
– Social distancing is recommended in the Woodland Playground and Dog Run at all times.
– Passive use of park only.
– No congregating or parties.
– No sports or group games.
– No swimming on beach.
– No camping.
– No fishing.
– No drones.
– No bicycles, mopeds, motorcycles.
– Dogs must be kept on leashes at all times.*
– Be respectful of other visitors’ space.
– Cooperation from every visitor is required.
– Violators will be required to leave the Preserve.
*Dog walking is permitted on the grounds, but dogs must be kept on leashes – visitors are subject to the Village of Sands Point’s leash laws, which are strictly enforced.
Please note: the Guggenheim Estate has two sections – the public park, which we all enjoy, and a private section on the South end of the property, which has a number of private residences as well as a stable, barn, and paddocks. The private area is not open to the public. Visitors to the Sands Point Preserve may not enter this private section, and security guards will enforce the “No Trespassing” rule now.
Download the Sands Point Preserve Map.
In case of inclement weather, please call in advance (516.570.7901) to confirm that the Preserve is open, or check our website for updates.
PUBLIC TRANSIT FROM NYC: LIRR – Port Washington Line to the very last stop – taxis are available at the train station for a five-minute ride to the Preserve.
BY CAR FROM NYC: Long Island Expressway to exit 36 (Searingtown Road/Port Washington). At the light, make a left and go under the Long Island Expressway heading north. Take Searingtown Road north, it will change into Port Washington Boulevard and then into Middle Neck Road. The Preserve will be on the right.
BY CAR FROM POINTS EAST: Long Island Expressway to exit 36 (Searingtown Road/Port Washington). Make a right at the light onto Searingtown Road. Take Searingtown Road north, it will change into Port Washington Boulevard and then into Middle Neck Road. The Preserve will be on the right.
PARKING is available on the Preserve. After entering at the gatehouse, the parking area is centrally located.