It’s open! Come out and play!
Children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at at all times. Please see the playground rules below. The playground closes at 4:30 pm.
Adults and children enter and use the facility at your own risk.
NOTICE: the COVID-19 WAIVER applies to everyone entering the Woodland Playground.
This beautiful play space, located in the woods next to the Phil Dejana Learning Center, features state-of-the-art equipment, including a custom-designed cedar castle with towers, turrets, tunnels, a spiral slide, and climbing walls – a generous gift from the Vultaggio Family. And, tucked between the majestic trees of this shady park are a speedy 75′ zip line, swing set, four-seat rocker, spinners, tether ball, and a huge geodesic dome climber. Children of all ages and different abilities can enjoy creative physical play in a range of modalities to develop coordination, balance, and strength.
The Conservancy thanks the Playground Committee Co-Chairs for their vision and support: Karli Hagedorn, Chiara Mai, Stacey Satovsky and Roshy Vultaggio – and the many Butterfly Ball sponsors who, together, made this magical playground come to fruition for the benefit of the whole community.
The Woodland Playground is also home to the quail coop – a charming English cottage that serves as a resource for the Conservancy’s education programs. This season, 55 Bobwhite chicks will be nurtured here and released onto the preserve’s grounds to help control ticks – a natural and effective form of pest management.
Girl Scout Troop 447 decorated and donated a Little Free Library to the playground area, so children can take a rest on our beautiful new teak benches and enjoy reading in the peaceful outdoors. Special thanks to Troop 447!
WOODLAND PLAYGROND RULES DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC
– Adults and children enter and use the playground at your own risk
– Children must be supervised by an adult at all times
– Social distancing is required: keep 6 feet apart
– Adults and children must wear face masks
– Use wipes and hand sanitizers when using equipment
– No congregating or parties
– No sports or group games
– Be considerate of others; wait for your turn
– Stay clear of zip line, swings, tether ball
– Do not jump or climb on fence
– Do not climb trees
– Dogs are not allowed
– No drones
– Be respectful of other visitors’ space
– Place all garbage in receptacles
– Conservancy reserves the right to require disruptive visitors to leave the playground.